A pump storage plant in the mountains works like a huge battery
Pump storage plants are a suitable regulating partner for the future development of wind and solar energy. As in wind and solar energy, pump-storage regulation also causes no environmental damage and produces no exhaust fumes!
- Pump storage plants can store electricity at short-term and contribute substatially to energy supply safety.
- The development of wind and solar energy need new technical possiblities to cover production fluctuation. Pump storage plants are suitable regulating partners because this regulation also causes no environmental damage and is highly efficient.
- Pump storage plants are like huge, water operated batteries. Pumping the water up charges up the batteries, turbining (producing electricity) discharges them.
- Pump storage also increases the efficiency of thermal power plants by ensuring they run at optimal levels.
- Pump storage enables the development of wind and solar energy.